Please be aware that our call centres are very busy at the moment. We’re asking customers who were not due to be travelling in the next two weeks to contact us nearer to the time, so that we can speak to people who were due to travel soon as our priority.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting people's health, travel and businesses. To find out more about what impact this has on Allianz Assistance travel insurance policies, please visit our dedicated Coronavirus page.

We’re dedicated to supporting our customers and will continue to monitor the situation and will provide updates on the Coronavirus page.


IMPORTANT: We want to keep you as informed as we can during this time of uncertainty. We’d like to highlight that travel insurance only protects against unforeseen circumstances getting in the way of your travel plans, so any policy you buy now will have very limited insurance coverage. Travel taken against government advice or restrictions is also excluded from cover. Before buying a travel insurance policy, please make sure you have read the terms of cover carefully and that there are no restrictions in place for your dates and destination of travel. 


Travel Insurance for
Non-UK Residents

To qualify to purchase travel insurance from Allianz Assistance, you must be a UK resident and registered with a doctor in the United Kingdom.

However, if you are looking for health insurance whilst living and working outside of your home country, you may want to consider an international health insurance plan from our sister company, Allianz Worldwide Care.
Unlike travel insurance, which mainly covers for emergencies whilst travelling abroad, luggage and trip cancellation, international health insurance from Allianz Worldwide Care is designed to cover expatriates for medical costs associated with in-patient treatment, along with benefits such as medical evacuation, out-patient surgery and rehabilitation treatment.

International health insurance is a long term solution for expatriates working and living outside of their home country for an extended period of time. To find out more about the different types of plans offered by Allianz Worldwide Care, visit the website, or call +353 1 514 8406 to speak to one of their specialist agents.